"Life is never about the big picture, for it is the small details that define its glory; living its small parts will enable the grasp of appreciation, otherwise it is dictated by expectations." - kF.06

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How I started painting models...

I started my model painting hobby many years ago with Marvel figurines. It was one of those things I liked as a kid:
- the Marvel Universe
- art
- and collecting things
...so what was more suited than collecting figurines from the Marvel Universe, which also acted as a canvas for me to start something I never realized would last until today.

Back then, I think I was 12 (could be younger), I was so proud of my first piece; it was Ghost rider. I remember it being a challenge because I had to paint the flames on his wheels, it was such a doozy trying to figure out how to do it. I eventually did it and I was so happy with the results! LOL. 
I then went on purchasing the following:
- Spiderman
- Venom
- The Hulk
- The Thing
- Storm
(not in chronological order)

Each one got progressively harder in terms of technique and requirement. For instance, Spiderman...HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSE TO PAINT THE WEB ON HIS COSTUME?! @_@

But anyways, I figured since my skills, technique and creativity have improved, I would go on a treasure hunt in my basement and find these lost and forgotten models and give them a face lift (sometime in the future). 

Without further adieu, the painted pieces I was so proud of...



My flame work I was so proud of. LOL (pitiful)
 

AMAZING WORK HUH?! I know!!! hahaha
Leave me alone! I was young! =p

Storm and The Thing are not here because Storm is missing an arm and The Thing...well...its The Thing. No one likes The Thing. LOL. I don't intend on fixing those two up. 

I think I'lll begin with Venom and Spidey. Followed up with The Hulk and then if I feel like it, Ghost Rider. (Nicholas Cage ruined Ghost Rider for me).

If laziness doesn't win, I'll come around and fix these up!
Let see what happens...

2 comments: